Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Edmonton Radio Control Helicopter Association
April 29, 2024, 07:45:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you are a ERCHA member and do not have ERCHA member status in forums please post.

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Media Login Register Chat  
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MAAC  (Read 4804 times)
Wizzard
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »

Got this in my email today, interesting read indeed.....

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM
12:40 PM
Message starred
FROM MAAC TO You
Letter from the President

From

MAAC

To: Me

To all members of MAAC and the board of directors.

It is my opinion that during the past 20 months the majority of the members of the board have demonstrated that They have no issue with and are fully supportive of members who have violated the not for profit act, and the laws of Canada either remaining as or becoming officers of the corporation .......I do not agree

The majority of the board agrees to tolerate those who ignore and or violate the act in order to accomplish a specific goal which they say is " for the betterment of M.A.A.C. "..........I do not agree with this

The majority of the board agrees that serious offenses that I and some board members believe have been committed should not receive disciplinary action....I do not agree

The majority of the board has decided that for the " betterment of M.A.A.C." it can either disregard or ignore opinion passed by our legal counsel and or the constitution representative appointed for a specific duty.........I do not agree

The majority of the board has tolerated what I consider insulting and verbally abusive language by some board members towards a respected member of the constitution committee......I do not agree and cannot tolerate it

The majority of the board has decided on Monday Dec 10 2012 that it has the " authority " to deny a member or officer his civil rights by passing a motion to prevent him from speaking at any time with any lawyer regarding anything related to M.A.A.C. without their permission............ The board does not have that authority, ( to remove civil rights) and I strongly object

The majority of the board has seemingly agreed at a recorded board meeting which took place on Dec 6 2012 that it has the power and the authority to do anything it wishes......I do not agree

The majority of the board is of the opinion that " for the good of M.A.A.C." it is permissible for a board member to threaten certain actions in writing towards our corporate lawyer in order to affect a specific action that he wants..................I do not agree

The the majority of the board has decided that the action of an officer making a material misrepresentation on a financial document does not require disciplinary action..........I do not agree

The majority of the board sees nothing wrong with Linda Patrick our Secretary Treasurer being told she could not approach the board on this matter and threatened with disciplinary action and or termination of her employment if she did....I do not agree

It has become obvious, in my opinion, that my ethics... personal code of conduct, and view of fiduciary duty and responsibilities to the corporation are diametrically opposed to the majority of the board's

I cannot participate as President in an organization where there is seemingly no regard for the Act, the bylaws or fiduciary duty to the corporation.

For those reasons, I am submitting my resignation as president of the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada effective immediately.

It is my sincere wish that members of the " Model Aeronautics Association of Canada " become actively involved in order to affect change for the betterment of M.A.A.C

Ron Dodd
Freeskiken
ErchaExecutive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 02:44:38 AM »

I have read it but not sure what the issues are about ?
DNR-Enforcer
ErchaMember

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 02:53:16 AM »

http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?s=443cc8a69a1eccec27e7a154ad97a5a8&t=190428
woodchopper
ErchaExecutive

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:00:25 AM »

Wow!  a heaping load of potatoes but no meat. I will watch this on carfully and when Don McGowan has any more to add we will be informed.  Sounds like a good time for an audit.

Mark Richens
Oh and by the way, I will not comply!
woodchopper
ErchaExecutive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 01:50:19 AM »

For those of you without the time to sift through the 15+ pages on RC Canada these are to me, the most salient posts, plus the e-mail from the VP soon to be Pres. The first is the e-mail from the vice president, the next two are from the past president. I have faith that we will be kept informed as best as possible by our ZD and I am sure we will find some interesting reading on the forums and in the maac mag.

E-mail #1

"To All,
Our President has chosen to resign from his position and inform the membership at the same time as informing the Board of Directors. As the Vice President for Model Aeronautics Association of Canada, I would like to thank Ron for his time served and wish him well on his future endeavors. To the membership, we have thirteen very dedicated and productive Zone Directors who make up the Board of Directors and govern our organization. These individuals work hard and have the best intentions for our organization and are willing to put in the extra effort. Please offer them your support and good wishes over the holidays.

Claude Melbourne
MAAC Vice President
613-802-5000
Crs3@sympatico.ca"

Post#2

Mr. Ron Dodd has chosen to resign as president of MAAC. In doing so, he has ignored the confidentiality he has always demanded and has thrown MAAC under the proverbial bus.

So be it. We cannot turn the clock back.

I can assure the membership that no officer of MAAC has willfully or knowingly been guilty of misconduct. Mistakes have been made by many, myself included, but they were honest mistakes that could easily have been corrected.

Right now, the membership is in uproar, demanding explanations. I put it to you that this would serve no useful purpose. What are needed are solutions.

We now have Claude Melbourne serving as interim president . Be thankful for that and give him your support. He is a man of integrity, wise and level headed. He will guide MAAC out of this painful period and is by far the best person to lead us right now. His record as a zone director and as MAAC VP was outstanding. Pray that the board, at the upcoming AGM, has the wisdom to elect an executive with the skills and personalities to work closely with Claude. Forget geographical considerations, or who is friends with whom. Elect the best people and form a team.

The MAAC bashers are currently having a field day. They love to criticize and spread discontent. Any examination of what MAAC does for its members – try reading MAAC Explained on the MAAC website – will reveal years of dedicated hard work that has benefitted the membership. Work with Radio Advisory Board of Canada, Transport Canada, FAI, AMA and so on has given us secure frequencies and relative freedom of the skies. The recent battles AMA had with FAA were not mirrored here in Canada due to proactive work by MAAC with Transport Canada. We are perilously close to being classed as UAVs, which are heavily restricted. We are in a separate category, and almost entirely unrestricted – thank MAAC for that. Our insurance coverage is better than any other on the continent - Thank MAAC for that.

Personally, I am now displaced as past president on the executive, and that is likely a good thing. I will always support MAAC and strongly believe in its future. It is now time for me to blow the dust off my workbench and start building.

The future is in the hands off Claude Melbourne. I ask you to let this thread die, and support Claude in achieving a return to normality. With the support of the membership, brighter days are ahead.

Witch hunting is entirely destructive. Please do not encourage it.

Respectfully

Richard Lyle Barlow
Past President MAAC
2006 - 2011

Post #3

To All,
A final couple of comments which I hope might put a few minds at ease.
1. All of the kerfuffle within MAAC dealt, WITH NO EXCEPTIONS, with procedural errors. There was no negative intent towards MAAC. There is no money missing. Nobody stood to gain anything personally. Those involved are dedicated and honest men. MAAC is on a sound financial footing and everything is above board. Committee work, dealings with RABC and Transport Canada etc. are unaffected. The procedural errors could easily have been corrected on the spot, but unfortunately personalities got in the way.
2. I stress again that Claude Melbourne will handle things to the best interests of the members and that he will make no attempt to sweep things under the rug, any more than I would. He is now the official spokesman for MAAC. GIVE HIM A CHANCE.
3. I am now a "civilian". It is no longer my place to give detailed explanations of board business to the members. Despite my own strong feelings about total transparency, protocols shall be followed.
4. Claude Melbourne is too wise to engage in knee jerk reactions. He must be given a little time to assess the situation and do what needs to be done. The contents of the resignation letter were a total surprise to the board. The fact that it went out to almost 12 000 people left everyone in a state of shock.
5. MAAC will survive and emerge as a great organization; please believe that.
I hope that this can be my last word on this thread. Trust Claude to do his job. Trust Claude to keep the members informed. Be a little patient.
Richard Lyle Barlow
MAAC Past President
2006 - 2011

Mark Richens
Oh and by the way, I will not comply!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies