Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Edmonton Radio Control Helicopter Association
May 12, 2024, 11:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you are a ERCHA member and do not have ERCHA member status in forums please post.

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Media Login Register Chat  
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basher looking to join  (Read 3701 times)
NikW

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »

Hey guys, thinking about joining the club. Was wondering what you get with the 100 dollar fee. Can a guy go to indoor flying for 10 bucks without a membership? Im new to this hobby and have Blade nano qx, MSR, and 180 qx. I also have a heli max axe 100ssl that i am struggling hard with. Would be fun to fly in some open space bigger than my town house.
woodchopper
ErchaExecutive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »

Hey Nik W

No need to be a club member to fly at the indoor. The next one is not for a couple of weeks but you are welcome to attend. Watch the home page at www.ercha.ca for any changes to the schedule.

Membership gets you access to our MAAC sanctioned flying field and all of the facilities there. You also get a vote on club matters.  Not any different than most RC clubs, membership fees help support club facilities and functions.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Hope to see you at the indoor!

Cheers
Mark

Mark Richens
Oh and by the way, I will not comply!
Newbie4Ever
ErchaMember

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 03:45:27 AM »

HI NIk - I think the one thing Woodchopper missed is that I believe you need a MAAC membership to fly  a the indoor facility and definitly need the MAAC membership to join the club. I'm sure that Woodchopper or one of the other executive members of ERCHA will post ot confirm one way or the other.

Probably the greatest benefit of being a club member is teh many guys you will meet with a common interest and the knowledge and help they so willingly pass on with regards to getting your machine set up properly - makes it so much easier to fly. The social side of most R/C clubs isn't the big thing but it is the fun thing.

Newbie4Ever
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies