Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Edmonton Radio Control Helicopter Association
May 13, 2024, 03:45:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ERCHA forums

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Media Login Register Chat  
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap(er) electric set up  (Read 3814 times)
Burtondude
ErchaMember

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »

Just wanted to share with anyone sitting on the fence about switching to electric. I have 4 4000mah 6 cell lipos and 4 5000mah 6 cells lipos. All are turnigy packs. I have been charging at 1c in parallel so the 4 4000s at 16amps, done in 45 minutes and the 4 5000s at 1c so 20 amps also done in 45 minutes. I am using an iota power supply 75amps, I got lucky and got mine for 160 plus shipping off eBay.

I have been using one 3010b icharger. I recently picked up the voltz 101k, same thing as the Icharger just rebranded. The voltz buttons are nicer than the 3010b.

I can now charge all 8 packs at once. Both chargers are hooked up the power supply and I can charge the 4 4000s at 1c on the first charger (16 amps) and the 4 5000s at 1c (20amps) on the second charger so a total of 36 amps between the two chargers. I depleted the lipos down to 3.6 volts per cell for the test. I can have all 8 packs done in 45minutes or so depending on balancing.

I am very happy with the two chargers and the power supply. It is a cheaper way than going with two higher end power supplies.
Dmitry
ErchaMember

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »

Great setup!

I went a bit different way for next season. I have less packs, but with higher charge rates. I got 4x 12s 3850ma ThunderPower 65C packs for my Logo 600. They are good for 12C charge rates (mine charges are not that powerful though  Grin). With two 1000W chargers I can fly non stop all day long. Many of you already saw my charging station. It is very compact (Pelican 1470 laptop hardcase), and very powerful (2000W). Copied from Justin Steward from RR, and from Shawn.
Burtondude
ErchaMember

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 04:00:44 AM »

I would have loved to copy your charging set up, however I think I will buy hobbyking nanotecks for multiple c charging before I switch over my power supplies unless I can find a great deal on two meanwells, still looking around buy wil probably use this set up for this year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies
Hobby Supplies
Metal Detecting Supplies